Maui Makers incorporated as a 501(c)(3) during the summer of 2014. The Makerspace is a grand plan, and we expect to make it a reality by February 2015. Maui Makers plans to lease a commercial facility that is approximately 1000 sq ft and for the Makerspace to be open 3 days per week for 6 hours time periods (also known as “public hours”). As paid membership numbers increase, we will expand open times and perhaps space/equipment availability.
We need your support: memberships, donations, or help building out the Makerspace.
We have no paid staff, so we need members like you to help us take it to the next level. If you are interested in helping out in any capacity, please contact us at info@mauiMakers.com.
Paid Membership Plans
As of Nov 5, 2014 we have created a new paid membership structure, providing three levels of benefits (with both individual and family rates for each), as well as providing annual and monthly terms. A limited number of lifetime and 5-year memberships are available at a discount. Contact email@example.com for more information.
There are buttons below to sign up via PayPal.
You will also need to download, complete, and email us a Maui Makers INC Makerspace Membership Services Agreement. Once the PDF form is complete, you will need to print, sign, scan and then email the scan to membership@mauiMakers.com. Sometime soon we will get a fully electronic method implemented. (suggestions how? email us!)
Membership categories are:
Benefits of Friend Membership:
• Discounted access to all of our public events and classes!
• Access to exclusive members-only events
• A membership card
• The knowledge that you are making the world a better place
• Our undying gratitude
Benefits of Basic Membership:
• All of the “Friend Membership” benefits plus
• Access to the Makerspace during public hours
• Free use of Level 1 tools and use of workbenches
Benefits of Full Membership:
• All of the “Basic Membership” benefits, plus
• Free access to Level 2 tools, after qualification
• Access to the Makerspace outside public hours, when a “keyed” member is physically present
• Advanced reservation of workbenches
• Upon approval of the Board—“keyed” access
What is a Family Membership?
Maui Makers has chosen to respect the flexible nature of local families (for minors). Be advised that minors will need to be under the direct and close supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is a paid member, and that minors may be prohibited from operating some equipment.
Nondiscrimination: Maui Makers Inc shall not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion (or absence thereof), sexual preference, politics, age or national origin.